I’m cutting it pretty close here, I only have one hour to write and post my daily blog!
Today has been a whirlwind day. We started off going to church, and from there we drove downtown for a little adventure. (luckily downtown L.A. is a quick drive from our neighborhood)
I’ve been hearing great things about some of L.A’s breweries, and I wanted to give Angel City brewery a go. I am so happy I did! Here is what I loved
- The space was huge. You order your beer at the bar. From there you can sit at the bar, hang out on the bottom level, or walk upstairs to the loft which overlooks the entire room. There are long picnic tables, lounge chars, high tops and bar stools.
- If you’re with a group of people, you can play corn hole, board games, darts, cards. There is always something to do.
- Dogs are welcome. I don’t have a dog, but if I did, I would bring him here.
- I noticed that they advertised weeknight activities, like trivia Tuesdays, and bingo on Thursdays. Beer and trivia sounds like fun and reminds me of that one episode of The Office when everybody goes to Oscar’s gay bar to try and win the cash prize to make up for their shortage on sales.
- Their German style wit was great. Matthew had the Pilsner, which was also pretty good.
- Food trucks because the brewery doesn’t serve food. The parking lot which seemed to be re-designated as a courtyard had a lot of room for loitering and food trucks. There was only one food truck on location today, but I imagine Friday and Saturday nights get pretty busy.
- The bathrooms were surprisingly big and seemed to be well kept.
Overall I thought the brewery had a great community atmosphere. Of course it was pretty hipster stylistically, but what do you expect, it’s located in the heart of DTLA’s art district. I will definitely be coming back.
After the brewery we were invited to our friend’s home for some grilled food and good times 🙂 Church, beer, BBQ, and friends. This is what great Sundays are made of.