Sometimes the best things in life are very simple, and this coffee is very easy to make, my friends.
Years ago, I was at a friends house and I noticed that her mom added cinnamon to her coffee grounds before brewing them. The thought of adding spices to coffee had never occurred to me before then, but it’s such a no-brainer!
The addition of spices adds a nice hint of flavor to your coffee without that acidic after taste that artificially flavored coffees leave behind.
Did you know that the official first day of Autumn is September 22nd? I’ve been celebrating since September 1st, hence the Pumpkin Pie Spiced Coffee I’m sharing with you right now.
- Your favorite coffee! I like a good medium roast breakfast blend.
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice * see note in instructions
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (plus extra for topping)
- Half and Half or whatever creamer your prefer
- Sugar or sweetener (optional)
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Measure out your coffee as you usually do. Generally it’s recommended that you use 2 tablespoons of coffee per 6 ounces of water.
- Add Pumpkin Pie Spice and Cinnamon to the coffee grounds. *If you are making a full pot of coffee, increase the spices to 2 tsp each.
- Brew your coffee and pour it into your favorite mug! Top with whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon.
This coffee is best enjoyed on a crisp autumn morning, preferably on a porch watching the leaves fall.